KCC has advisory committees for every course. An advisory committee is a group of individuals selected by the program to advise the program regarding educational needs and activities. The membership comes from outside KCC and consists of persons who:
• are interested in career and/or technical education
• have specialized knowledge and experience
• represent business, industry, government and/or the military
Collectively, a committee studies issues, advises and makes recommendations regarding:
• current job needs
• the relevance of current programs
• the reduction or expansion of programs
• the initiation of new programs
• financial and legislative support
• promotion of KCC programs in the community.
Committees act in an advisory capacity to KCC and the Anchorage School District and provide a strong link to between KCC and the community.
If you are interested in serving on an advisory committee for one of our programs, please call 742-8900. Committees meet regularly during the school year, as schedules allow.